So fresh for summer!
Prawn and Lime Salad
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1kg of prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 500g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
- feta cheese
- Lime wedges
How to make it
In a mixing bowl, whisk the citrus juices, shallots, garlic, cumin, cayenne, honey and salt together until combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin and steady stream until the dressing becomes emulsified. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper and set aside.
Pat dry and season peeled and deveined prawns. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, heat for a minute or so, and drop in the shrimp. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until prawns are pink and slightly fried. Take off heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced tomatoes to the mixing bowl and pour in half of the vinaigrette. Toss to coat and let sit for a few minutes.
Meanwhile finely chop the coriander, thinly slice the avocado, and crumble feta cheese. Add the prepped ingredients to the shrimp and add the baby spinach. Pour in the remaining vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Transfer salad to a serving platter, sprinkle with the remaining ingredients, and serve.